VACATION RENTALS IN CILENTO: Villa Prato and its self-catering apartments for rent / flats to let / holiday homes / home for holidays are one among the best solutions for the advanced holiday self-maker, who seeks for Southern Italy self-catering holidays homes · apartments to rent; this is the perfect place to spend your holidays · vacations · leisure time if you are looking for Cilento self-catering holidays and Cilento vacation rentals in this very beautiful area of Southern Italy. We are in Italy, a country rich in archaeology; and in Campania which has the most archaeologic sites to visit. We are in Salerno district, between the sea villages of Casal Velino Marina and Pioppi along the breathtaking coast of this part of National Park of Cilento. From our holiday homes / self-catering flats to let you can easily reach Amalfi, Positano and Sorrento coast, Herculaneum, Pompeii, Salerno, Naples, Caserta, Rome; we are very near to the marvelloyus Velia and Paestum excavations and temples, and you can enjoy the Cilento National Park marvels and a wonderful sea. Always remember that the Southern Italy and the Cilento were the cradle of the european culture before the birth of Rome. And with it's delicious food was the birthplace of the Mediterranean diet. Did you know all this ? Moreover nowadays the Cilento is a very very safe place if compared to the big cities of the world. Southern Italy and the Cilento represent an area of exceptional value from the holidays viewpoint. A breathtaking nature, 2500 years of history, an amazing archaelogy, a very good and healthy culinary tradition and a wonderful sea, mix up to let you enjoy all these togheter !! Are you able to easily find another place like this ? We offer the ideal Southern Italy holiday homes / Southern Italy holiday accommodation / Southern Italy Cilento vacation rentals !
Under here a map of our location with some distances by car. Depending from the season and the sea condition, there are big boat connections from Casal Velino and Acciaroli to Palinuro, Camerota, Punta Infreschi, and Punta Licosa; ferry-boat connections from Salerno to Amalfi, Positano and Capri; hydrofoil boat connections (a very nice trip) from Acciaroli and from Salerno to Capri and Amalfi coast; more relaxed, you can travel by train too: Click here to see the italian railway time-table.
HERE A SATELLITE MAP FROM GOOGLE'S MAPS TO SHOW YOU WHERE OUR CILENTO VACATION RENTALS AND HOLIDAY HOUSES ARE EXACTLY, SO THAT YOU CAN REALLY SEE WHERE YOU'LL BE SPENDING YOUR HOLIDAYS IN THE SELF CATERING APARTMENTS TO RENT IN CILENTO AT VILLA PRATO. MAKE NOW YOUR TRIP'S PLANS FROM OUR CILENTO HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATION AND FROM YOUR HOLIDAY HOMES ! CLICK ON AND DRAG THE MAP IN THE DESIRED DIRECTION THE MAP, ZOOM IN AND OUT IT WITH PLUS AND MINUS SIGNS, MOVE IT WITH THE ARROWS
THE CLIMATE in Southern Italy and in the Cilento National Park is very mild !
- The lowest temperature degree in the peak of wintertime is usually over 8°C/46°F
- The highest temperature degree in the peak of summertime is usually under 32°C/90°F
- The relative humidity degree is usually around 70%
WHAT TO DO ONCE ARRIVED IN YOUR HOLIDAY HOMES / FLATS TO LET AT VILLA PRATO IN CILENTO SOUTHERN ITALY ? (example of a one week stay with our Cilento vacation rentals)
- Arrival day: rest on the sea view, go for the dinner to a local restaurant or agriturismo / farm holiday to taste local fish food or traditional local food: hand made pasta with tomato - so called fusilli al pomodoro with seasoned grated goat cheese ! - and aglianico wine, goat and sheep cheeses, buffalo mozzarella, many kind of local vegetables, roasted pork and lamb meat, and many other delicious meals, and a very good extra-virgin olive-oil ( you will wonder why it has taken you so long to visit this place ! );
- Second day: visit in the morning Paestum greek temples, and Paestum museum with the amazing engraved bronze pots; then go to Agropoli, relax a short time in one of the many bars, then visit the old part of the city and the Acropolis, on the top of the hill. See there the old castle and the old houses and look from there at the dock and the panorama. In the afternoon go back to Villa Prato and visit Velia greek excavations and see there the first arch ever built in the world, the so called Rosa gate, dating back to the fourth century b.C.. Drive back along the beautiful coastal road from Agropoli toward Villa Prato to see the wonderful landscape and seascape.(take a look to Velia's and Paestum's web sections on the home page);
- Third day: visit Pompeii, Herculaneum and the Vesuvio;
- Fourth day: visit the monastery of Padula (take a look to Padula's web section on the home page);
- Fifth day: visit the Amalfi coast, Vietri, Positano and Sorrento (take a look to Amalfi's web section on the home page);
- Sixth day: go to Naples, visit the city, the Real Palace, the National Museum and make your shopping;
- Seventh day: sorry, the time quickly went away, you rented only one week and now must leave !
EXAMPLE OF WHAT COULD YOU DO with a two weeks stay here ?
(all is more relaxing and beautiful with two weeks stay here with our Cilento vacation rentals)
- Seventh day: in the morning go to Palinuro cape to visit the village there, and try to make the boat tour of the caves and see the famous sky-blue grotto; after a fish meal in one of the local restaurant there, visit another nice sea village, Camerota, and see the Southern Coastal Cilento there. In the afternoon back to Villa Prato: after a cappuccino and a very good pastry at Franco's, visit the sea village of Pioppi, where there is a nice sea aquarium with the rapresentation of the flora and fauna of the our sea; then go to the sea village of Acciaroli, where the famous american writer Hemingway stayed for some months during his life;
- Eighth day: visit the innermost untouched Cilento National Park, the Calore river and the its mountainous gorges near the village of Felitto; then go to the villages of Piaggine and Laurito and see so called Valley of the Angel and the amazing undisclosed small churches; at the end see the suggestive medioeval village of Roscigno;
- Nineth day: go to Salerno for the shopping, another nice city much less crowded and busy of Naples, but with many shops as well; otherwise you can go to Naples, by car or by train; and at your arrival there, from the central train station with a short walk you can go straight to the old city centre, and visit the many amazing churches, the magical and extraordinary San Severo Chapel, the Real Palace, and much much more that i can't list now, and furtermore go to spaccanapoli street - the famous city street that splits in two parts the old city - and then have in some pizza restaurant there the true original pizza napoletana, the crocchè, the frittatina, and again much much more !
- Tenth day: go to Caserta and visit the famous Real Palace, its surrounding amazing gardens and fountains;
- Eleventh day: visit the Castelcivita caves, and then come back toward Aquara, Monteforte Cilento, Ogliastro Cilento, and visit the medioeval village of Castellabate, and it's sea mirror Santa Maria di Castellabate and Licosa Cape;
- Twelveth day: do you like trekking or a simple walk in the nature ? There are some enchanting hill paths near Villa Prato;
- Thirteeth day: did you ever think to bath and relax in the sun during your holiday ? May be that you are not interested to the previuos program and want only to relax...
- Fourteenth day: sorry, your departure eventually has arrived !